(THIS BENEFIT WILL BE SUNSETTING – SPRING 2020 WILL BE THE LAST QUARTER THE BIKE FUND BENEFIT IS AVAILABLE)
- Biking benefits under the CBA:
- $25/quarter if you certify that you have biked >80% of that quarter. Attestation form emailed out from GME quarterly.
- A $50,000 annual fund for reimbursement of 1) A bike helmet (technically no dollar limit, but just one per residency), and 2) Up to $100 annually of “bike maintenance” costs.
- There is an open period each quarter when you can submit bike maintenance costs for reimbursement, also emailed out from GME with attestation form.
- UW Bike Resources
- UW Transportation services has trip planners to help you map out bike commute routes. Submit a request for advice here. They can also assist with other alternative commute options such as walking, carpooling, transit, etc.
- UW Campus bike rooms and secure bike parking.
- Link to register your bike to help in event of theft.
- Recommendations: Support Your Local Seattle Bike Shops!
- Recycled Cycles: 10% off parts & accessories with your UPASS. Very close to UWMC.
All UWHA Members are eligible for a fully-subsidized UPASS starting July 1, 2020 per our contract.
If you paid for the UPASS before, make sure you cancel your deduction by 6/30. It does not cancel automatically and UW will not refund. Cancel by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
All UWHA Members are eligible for free overnight and weekend parking per our contract.
Nights are defined as 4:00pm to 8:00am, Monday through Friday.
Weekends are defined as 12:00am, Saturday through 11:59pm on Sunday.
At Harborview, use your normal PPUP card to swipe in and out of P1, P2, P3 or P4, and you will not be charged. PPUP cards can be obtained through HMC Parking Services.
At UWMC, park in the triangle garage and obtain a card from the gate attendant before leaving so you don’t have to pay.
We grieved this issue and came to a settlement in May of 2020. You may read the settlement for further details below.
Requests for Reimbursement due by July 25, 2020. Details here.