Due to a recent settlement agreement between the UW and UWHA, UWHA members are entitled to free night and weekend parking going forward (as specified below), and may be entitled to a refund of previously paid night and/or weekend parking at UWMC and/or HMC. Please read this entire email for details of how to request your refund.
At HMC, free night and weekend parking is already available as below. For UWMC-Montlake, free night and weekend parking will be available as below starting on June 8, 2020.
Effective June 8, 2020, UWHA members will have access to free parking during the following dates/times:
· Weekends: 12am Saturday to 11:59pm Sunday
· Nights: 4pm to 8am, Monday to Sunday
Free parking will be available in the following locations:
· UWMC-Montlake: Triangle Parking Garage
· HMC: P1, P2, P3, and P4 Lots
The process for obtaining free parking will be as follows:
· UWMC-Montlake: When a resident enters the Triangle Garage after 4 p.m. or on a weekend, they should take a ticket at the gate. Prior to exiting the Triangle Garage, a resident must stop at the kiosk and obtain a card for exiting the garage gate for free. If the resident exits after 8 a.m. for scheduled or emergent patient care and is charged an overage, the resident shall request reimbursement for such charges directly from their department. The department is required to pay this overage and any questions or concerns about this should be directed to GME.
· HMC: Residents shall use their PPUP cards to enter and leave the garage. When a resident enters the parking garage after 4 p.m. or on a weekend, the resident will not be charged for parking if they exit the garage before 8 a.m. or on the weekend. If the resident exits after 8 a.m. for scheduled or emergent patient care and is charged an overage, the resident shall request reimbursement for such charges directly from their department. The department is required to pay this overage and any questions or concerns about this should be directed to GME.
Residents are not allowed to park in the Triangle Garage during weekday day shifts. Those who do so may be subject to corrective action.
Current and former UWHA members can claim refunds for past night and weekend parking paid back to 9/28/18 using the following process:
· All claims must be submitted by July 25, 2020
· To claim a refund, send an email including the following information:
o Identify dates on which resident parked during a night or a weekend and the amount resident was required to pay on each occasion.
o Contacts are:
§ For UWMC: Harper Olsen (firstname.lastname@example.org)
§ For HMC: email@example.com
o You will then receive compensation by September 23, 2020
· If either HMC or UWMC has reasonable cause to believe that claims submitted did not involve the resident incurring fees during a night or weekend period, the office may request additional proof from the resident that the claimed amount was actually incurred.
· Reasonable cause requires the UW to identify particular evidence supporting its belief that the claim is invalid, such as evidence that the resident was not scheduled to work a night or weekend shift on the date of a particular claim, or that the claimed amount did not correspond with the rates the resident would have incurred.
o A request for additional proof will be made within 30 days of the claim being submitted. You will then have 30 days to submit additional proof to support the claim.
o You will then receive your refund within 60 days as above.
o If you do not receive what you feel you are owed, let UWHA know at firstname.lastname@example.org and UWHA will help you file a grievance.
If you are charged for night or weekend parking in violation of the above, please report this to GME at email@example.com and copy UWHA at firstname.lastname@example.org immediately for resolution. If your claim is questioned or rejected, please let UWHA know immediately at email@example.com. You can read the entire settlement agreement here.