PLEASE NOTE: The Summer Quarter Bike Program is now closed. The next period will end 12/31/19, with the deadline there soon after.
If you’d like to participate in the UWHA CBA Bike Program, please submit documentation before October 18, 2019. Please see below regarding what/how to submit:
Quarterly Bicycle Stipend
What: $25 stipend, given quarterly
Eligibility: UWHA members who bicycle > 80% of the AY20 Summer quarter (from July 1, 2019 – September 30, 2019)
- Legibly complete and sign the attached form. Please ensure that you initial all lines.
- Submit to GME by e-mail (UWGME@uw.edu) or mail (UW GME Bike Fund, Box 358047)
What: A free bike helmet
Eligibility: UWHA member
- Submit receipt to GME by e-mail for electronic receipts (UWGME@uw.edu) or mail for paper receipts (UW GME Bike Fund, Box 358047)
- Costs must have been incurred during the AY20 Summer Quarter(from July 1, 2019 – September 30, 2019)
What: up to $100 in bicycle maintenance costs.
Eligibility: UWHA member
- Submit receipt to GME by e-mail (UWGME@uw.edu) or mail (UW GME Bike Fund, Box 358047)
- Costs must have been incurred during theAY20 Summer Quarter (from July 1, 2019 – September 30, 2019)
- Examples of reimbursable items: costs of maintenance service, tools, bike tubes, lights, locks
- Examples of non-reimbursable items: bicycles, clothing, backpacks, panniers, running shoes, or other non-bike maintenance or non-bike related items.
Rejected requests are commonly due to easily fixable errors
- Receipts must be itemized.
- Documenting each individual item purchased or service performed
- Date of purchase
- Bike shop services: they give you two pieces of paper: an invoice itemizing what was done and a receipt showing that it was paid for (often stapled together). Please save BOTH and submit BOTH at the end of the year.
- Carbon copies: please submit the top sheet. The lower sheets can be damaged easily.
- Amazon: e-mail receipts are not adequate. Instead, do this
- Accounts and lists
- Your orders
- Order details
- View or print invoice
- If you’re sending a scan or picture, please ensure it is legible
· You must be a member of the UWHA to qualify. Information about who is covered by the contract is found here:https://hr.uw.edu/labor/wp-content/uploads/sites/8/2017/09/UWHA-Bargaining-Unit-Summary-9.14.2017.pdf.
· Reimbursements will be made via whatever mechanism you have in place for your paycheck (Ex: if you are signed up for direct deposit, then the reimbursement will be made via direct deposit).
· Please provide your name and your UW NetID along with the receipt.
· You must approve of the reimbursement in Ariba (as the final step in the reimbursement process). These notices will come to your UW email account. If you submit for a reimbursement, please check your UW email frequently as these notifications will time out of the system if you do not approve in a timely manner.
Deadline for these submissions is October 18, 2019 at 5pm.