A few of the facts on current UW resident/fellow pay and benefits.
- Compared to peer institutions:
- You receive at least $7,000 less per year in salary
- You receive at least $6,000 less per year in housing stipend
- Your cost of living is rising faster than most places
- A survey of 59 peer institutions showed 75% of other residency programs have 4 or 5 weeks of vacation
- Current childcare benefits:
- The stipend covers two days of childcare per year
- The waiting period for daycare centers is 1-3 years
- In addition, you pay more for:
- Public transportation
- Health insurance
- Meals on campus
- Travel for academic conferences
- Other educational expenses
You keep UW’s hospitals and clinics running, provide excellent patient care, and generate revenue. This is unacceptable – you deserve better.